How does Hingham Institution for Saving's Mobile Check Deposit work?
Mobile Check Deposit allows you to deposit checks by taking a picture of the front and back of a properly endorsed check using the Hingham Institution for Savings Mobile Banking App.
How do I Make a Deposit?
- To make a deposit in your mobile app, select the Deposit Tab and then select Deposit Check.
- Select the appropriate checking account.
- Enter the amount of the deposit, and take a picture of the front and back of the check.
- Once the images are captured, select Submit Deposit.
- You will receive a Pending Confirmation Tab. If the image was not successfully captured, you will be notified that the deposit failed and you may try again.
What types of checks can you deposit?
- Checks drawn on US banks in US funds
- Checks payable to yourself or the entity named on the account you are depositing the funds into
What types of checks cannot be deposited?
- Stale or Post dated checks
- Third Party checks - checks endorsed over to client
- Substitute or previously returned checks
- Traveler’s checks
What is my Mobile Check deposit limit?
The default Mobile Check deposit limit is $25,000 per day. Limits can be increased based on your needs, please contact us at 781-749-2200 or [email protected] if you need to increase your limit.
When will my check be available when making Mobile Check deposit?
Generally, if you deposit a check before 5pm on a business day, funds will be available the next business day. Standard extended check holds will apply.
How long can you see deposited checks in the App Deposit History?
Checks deposited using the Hingham Institution for Savings Mobile Banking App are available for 45 days.