Tax Documents
Information about tax documents you will receive from Hingham Savings
Karli Kouris avatar
Written by Karli Kouris
Updated this week

All tax documents will be sent in hard-copy to the mailing address on file by the end of January with the exception of the 5498, which is mailed in May.

1099-INT: This tax form is for interest reporting. You will receive this document ONLY for interest that was earned in excess of $10 on your Savings, Money Market, or Certificate of Deposit account.

1099-R: This tax form is for reporting IRA distributions to the IRS.

1098: This tax form is for reporting any interest or real estate tax escrow payments you made for your mortgage(s).

5498- The 5498 reports IRA contributions. This form is sent out in May due to the ability to contribute to the prior year up until tax day. This document is for informational purposes only and is not required to file with your tax return.

Did this answer your question?